“How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life.”
- The first key to ridding yourself of limiting subconscious beliefs is to become aware of them. Why do you subconsciously feel bad about a particular area of your life? If you don’t make as much money as you’d like, for example, really think of what your limiting beliefs about money might be. Do you feel guilty acquiring money? Did your parents instill certain beliefs in you? Get to the root of what’s making your mind think negatively about yourself.
- Give God a chance. When you put prayer into practice, you’ll notice how much better you feel about yourself. Then you notice amazing shifts in your life. Your faith will begin to become bigger than your fear.
- Believe everything you want is available to you. All of us are connected to a limitless power and most of us aren’t using a fraction of it. The universe will match whatever vibration you put out, and you can’t fool the universe. You must be conscious of the vibes and energy you give.
- Live in the present. “If you’re depressed, you’re living in the past. If you’re anxious, you’re living in the future. If you’re at peace, you are living in the present.” Put a stop to “chasing squirrels” in your mind and be focused on the tasks at hand. The more time you spend in the present moment, the richer your life will be.
- Just go for it. Do what makes you happy. Take that risk, apply for that dream job, just go for it- whatever it may be. Don’t worry about the people who try and discourage you. Watching someone else go for it can be incredibly upsetting to the person who’s spent a lifetime building a case for why they themselves can’t.
- Appreciate how special you are. There will never be anyone exactly like you. You’re the only one who thinks your thoughts, you are living your life according to your own unique path. You are the only you there will ever be, you’re kind of a big deal.
- Drown yourself in affirmations. Do not underestimate the importance of this! If you want to turn your attitude around, you need to rewire your brain to think differently, and telling yourself positive affirmations is the way to do it. This can’t mean rattling off nonsense- you have to feel it and want it and get worked up by your passion in order for this to work.
- Do things you love. Tap into what brings you great joy. If you had an unlimited supply of cash, what would you spend your life doing? Put aside time for things you love doing. Every single day.
- Forgive & love yourself. “Holding on to my bad feelings about this is doing nothing but harming me, and those around me. It’s preventing me from fully enjoying my life. I choose to let this go.”
- Forget what others think. There are a few steps to this process: 1. Ask yourself why. Why are you about to say or do something? Is it to be liked? Or is it coming from a place of strength and truth? Because it will change someone’s life and help them? Ask yourself of your motivations before you act. Practice coming from a place of integrity and you’ll worry less about people’s reactions to you because you’ll have confidence in your actions and won’t need others reafirming you. 2. Always do your best. When you half-ass a job or a project, that leaves space for self-doubt. When you’re proud of your work, you don’t give a damn what anyone thinks. 3. Trust your intuition. Be confident in your decisions.
- Discover your unique purpose. Getting clear about what your purpose is can be the difference between living a happy, fulfilled life of abundance, choice, and expansiveness or living in the restrictive realm of your own indecision and tired excuses.
- Do something. The best way to build confidence is to act! Acting will eliminate fear, lethargy, indecision, etc. If you’re not sure what to do, just do something! You’ll feel better than not moving forward at all. Most answers reveal themselves through doing, not thinking.
- Do not allow fear to rule your life. We tiptoe through life hoping to safely make it to death. My personal favorite quote is The brave will not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. We’re taught to play it safe and not take risks, and to caution everyone around us to do the same. THAT is something to be afraid of, if you ask me. On the other side of your fear, is your freedom. View challenges from your rear view mirror…look back on them from a place of victory, and they’ll lose much of their power to paralyze you.
A final message from the author: If there’s something you want to do, don’t wait. Don’t wait until you’re richer, or older, or less busy. Start right now. If it’s visiting people you want to see, see them. If it’s an opportunity you’ve been contemplating, just do it it. If you’re not where you want to be in life, keep going. Celebrate the magnificent person that you are. Don’t let anyone mess with you and your dreams, especially your own self! Your life is happening right now, don’t snooze and lose.
Thanks for reading! -Laura
Feature photo credit: unsplash.com