I originally started drinking a lot of tea when I worked as a Starbucks Barista. I always loved green tea, but for me black tea took some getting used to. Over the years I learned to really enjoy both types (and all types for that matter), but lately I mostly drink black. That lead me to research it’s health benefits and blog about them!
- Black tea is good for your heart! Researchers found that daily consumption of black tea resulted in “a highly significant decrease” of cardiovascular risks.
- Black tea may help fight cancer. Certain ingredients in black tea have been found to destroy cancerous cells in the body for certain types of cancer.
- Reduces risk of Diabetes. Certain black teas aid in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Helps an upset stomach. The tannins (naturally occurring compounds in seeds and stems) in black tea have a healing effect on the intestinal lining.
- Lowers stress levels. It contains ingredients that aid in relaxation and normalizes blood pressure levels.
- Drinking black tea may lower your risk of getting Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimers.
One of my favorite reasons to drink tea is because it gives me great energy (both green and black) but it doesn’t make me crash once mid afternoon hits like coffee does. If you want to read more about black tea and its benefits, check out the source where I found some of my info here at this link. Cheers!
Feature Photo credit: